Tuesday 16 April 2013

I used to wake early every day, what happened?!

Getting up at 6am every morning throughout my secondary school years to do my local paper round certainly taught me the benefits of waking up early, welcoming every day certainly got me in a good mood for the rest of it. However after coming to university, like nearly all students, the thought of getting up before 9am is difficult. Constant late nights don't lend themselves well to an early morning and so over the past few weeks I have been slowly moving back my sleeping pattern to allow me to wake earlier and once again appreciate what the morning brings. For me waking up early makes me feel fresher and gives me more time when others are available to do things, what's the point of being awake at 2.30am every morning, when there's nothing to do or anyone to do anything with?

I recommend trying out the techniques shown at the end of the video, for myself they have proved vital in getting me up for those dreaded 9am lectures! Let us know if the video changed your mind on waking up early, and if the techniques provided helped you do so.

Alex




2 comments:

  1. That's really interesting Al, I think we cna value an early night, and an early morning start. I was definitely the same, but I think studying it, as well as making the video has got me interesting..


    Wondering if there are any more wake up tips out there?

    Callum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sup Al,
    you raise a great point initially. I mean, how did we used to do it?
    Especially with 6th form hours being a lot lenghthier than uni hours now.

    Love
    Frost

    ReplyDelete